Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Hay, something that's not Tzor:

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

But where does he keep the amp???
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Count Arioch the 28th
King

I'll ask, but I think he doesn't give a fuck.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

It's a wireless setup. Not pictured is the beach where there are 30 foot amplifier towers, each of which is on fire, spread out every hundred feet, while a dragon circles overhead doing backup vocals. Also, that's not a just a surf board, it's a surf board balanced on the back of a megaladon. Obviously, this image is reDQlous.
Last edited by Hicks on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I'm going to say that the incident above did not actually happen. The issue sounds very one-sided and asking whether or not they're doing the right thing when yes, they are obviously doing the right thing strikes me as suspicious.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Duudee . . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Doom
Duke

Post by Doom »

(testing)
Last edited by Doom on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik, to Tzor wrote: And you aren't shot in the face?
Frank Trollman wrote:A government is also immortal ...On the plus side, once the United Kingdom is no longer united, the United States of America will be the oldest country in the world. USA!
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Doom wrote:(testing)
I hate you.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Chamomile wrote:
Doom wrote:(testing)
I hate you.
what did i miss?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

f. the incorrect assumption that giraffes reach up to eat

(They don't. The best theory is so that A. They can see far - turns out they ARE herd animals, their herds are just spread out due to each individual being a comms tower, and B. They can fight each other with their heads and necks)
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

giraffe wrote:f. the incorrect assumption that giraffes reach up to eat
What?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

"The diagram below best illustrates f) the incorrect assumption that giraffes reach up to eat."

Giraffes eat acacia trees. Well, not the entire tree. But they don't reach up to get the highest leaves or whatever. The trees aren't towering above them so that you need long legs and necks*. Well I should amend that: sometimes they will reach up to the tops of some trees, but usually they reach across to eat things at body height, or even reach down to eat the grass.

*They have a much cooler defence mechanism: they can sense when a giraffe is near, and let out a warning scent to alert other trees... so they can... run away?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

It warns the trees they are about to be eaten, so they brace themselves by releasing chemicals and stuff to help whatever it is plants do to heal (is clotting the right word? I dunno, plants are gross.)
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

g. giraffes die from starvation and decay to the bone faster than they can finish eating a single mouthful of leaves.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Koumei wrote:Giraffes eat acacia trees. Well, not the entire tree. But they don't reach up to get the highest leaves or whatever. The trees aren't towering above them so that you need long legs and necks*. Well I should amend that: sometimes they will reach up to the tops of some trees, but usually they reach across to eat things at body height, or even reach down to eat the grass.
Thanks for clarifying because what you were saying sounded pretty absurd to someone who's sat in acacia trees (be careful - the thorns are like quilting needles!), watched giraffes eat, and even fed them herself. Even a glimpse on Wikipedia shows a giraffe [being able to] reach.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Nah, that one was a vampire, the others staked it.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

We are getting so many possible answers to this!

And yeah, it occurred to me that I should clarify, Maj. "Wait a minute, I can't say they never do that, they totally do, when they feel like it."

We have non-thorny acacia trees in Australia. I know, right? We get the less dangerous version, what are the chances?

Personally I hope to cross-breed acacias with bananas so we can get trees that can detect giraffes and run away... well, walk away. Really really slowly.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

;)

h. Acacia trees are never, ever short. They spring into being with the lowest branches 4 metres off the ground.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

i. African carrion-eaters are ridiculously efficient. Like, there's some ants just moseying along off camera, and the moment meat hits the ground, they strip it all away in seconds without even disturbing the bones.

Image in sblock
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

Having just started BG2 I agree: SHUT UP IMOEN!
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Having played that intro dungeon over 50 times... FUCK YEAH!
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
K
King

Post by K »

When I played BG2, I abandoned Imoen as soon as I got out of the first dungeon, then picked her up when I did her special quest, and then dropped her off again.

That game was much easier with one character, so I just had my main guy solo the whole game.