Dungeoneering: Back to Basics

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

When Atani goes through the door and down the Hueceva hall he's doing so with his now traditional ball and chain toss/drag back method of checking for floor traps.

PS: Yo somebody test that ring. I feel embaressed that we bitched out of trying it. If no one wants to test it hand it to me and ill do it. If there isn't a second adventure then there's no point not trying it even if its a Trojan horse.
Last edited by Dean on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Got 71 XP as both a priest and a thief, I should probably put that in my character sheet.

Tim can't identify the ring now, I take it. Gilles will hand it over for anyone who wants to test it out (which I believe is just Atani so far).
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Tim has exhausted his arcane resources, though he still has his full wits, and promises to prepare identify after he has rested a bit.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Identify takes, like, 100 gp of moon blood or some crazy thing. We'll never know what it is if I don't wear it. When Atani heads down the western hall he'll pop the ring on.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

It takes a 100gp pearl, plus owl feathers and wine. Luckily, five pearls just appeared.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Would the spell mind if he used twice as many feathers because 5 heir source was only half owl? :roll:
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Alternate material components are a thing.
Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

Switching this here. Lucas is a follower of the force of good generally. Does he need a specific patron deity, and if so, which ones are available in this setting?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You can pick any D&D deity or make your own.
Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

Ancient History wrote:You can pick any D&D deity or make your own.
I'll be cashing in that blank check later, but Lucas can just worship the Finnish Pantheon. I believe that was the traditional choice back in the day?
Last edited by Sam on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Fine.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Hopefully Gilles doesn't die on his first time in melee. His AC of 4 should be good enough to survive skeletons.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Ancient History wrote:Gilles rubs some ointment made of boiled cow urine into the scratches on Atani's face...
Ancient History wrote:...the cleric spreads a poultice of herbs and powdered dwarf urine on the wound to draw out the poison, murmuring a formula to Urea the Golden
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Sorry, that one scene from Thirteenth Warrior has always stayed with me.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

I'm just so glad I got live a life where linking that comic was appropriate.

Hey, honest question, is us tracking XP pointless? I just doubt this dungeon has 10,000 xp worth of monsters in it and even the fastest leveling of us would need that much to hit level 2. I cannot envision a circumstance where someone would hit level 2 in this adventure and you can't burn spare XP for anything I know of.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Well, you never know. There might be a sequel.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

I'm sorry that I have not been posting much in the IC thread, it's just Xaxus is not suicidal enough to be the first to poke things when there are so many other warm bodies party members eager for death the experience of death of sticking their hand into death death. What I'm trying to say is that everything we touch is poisoned, or diseased, or diseased with a deadly poison disease that also poisons you... to death.

Which gives Xaxus the VERY IMPORTANT TASK of treating the deadly poison disease of death before said death can set in. Also healing; I try to be on the ball about that.

TLDR: I am still here; I haven't logged off the Den in years, and I am always lurking.
Last edited by Hicks on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Stuff I've Made
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Yeah whenever we get back to that room Atani will lead the way down the hall after those undead
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Wondering if I should cast invisibility to undead on Atani (assuming I can reach him.) The skeletons, if they're 4 HD or less, won't get a save, and will automatically let go of him (and I can't imagine the fall is too bad at this point). That being said, if he counterattacks they'll see him again but they won't have the advantage of surprise.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You're allowed to think outside the box when it comes to combat, y'all.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

When undead flee, can I go and beat on them freely or does that make them aggro again? If I can get free attacks on them and they stay cowering Flintbeard will go set them on fire. If not, well we can try out that mysterious hammer.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Sure, fleeing gives free attacks as normal.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

So did I just get 3 pokeskeletons or did the other cleric run them off. Again.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Sorry, was in FLorida for the weekend, no internets.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

There's nothing else in the room of note but the grate? Checking for hidden passages and all that
Last edited by OgreBattle on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.