Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both, Continued

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Surgo
Duke

Re: Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both, Continued

Post by Surgo »

The best reply was the first reply: "Neutral Boring".
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

I got Elf as well. Hmmm... I can't actually ever remember having an elf character, except in the 'you all have to be Drow' games...
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

I got... nymph.

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty...
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Surgo at [unixtime wrote:1196360320[/unixtime]]The best reply was the first reply: "Neutral Boring".

I hardly think that an objectivist society would be boring; look at Bioshock's Rapture.
In fact, Bioshock is one of the most fun games on the 360.
Daiba
Journeyman

Post by Daiba »

Captain_Bleach at [unixtime wrote:1196364148[/unixtime]]In fact, Bioshock is one of the most fun games on the 360.

Sadly, it's not even close to being one of the most fun games on the PC. Spiritual successor to System Shock my balls...
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1196358564[/unixtime]]For fuck's sake guys, mock the OP of that thread for having that atrocious link in his sig, don't actually go and take the test. Jesus :tongue:

I'm sorry, I just saw the naked nymph and I could not resist. Then after I realized I was an elf I realized that I actually could. :tongue: Alas it was by then too late.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Dark Elf? I feel dirty now
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Even among internet quizmathingies that one has questions that stand out for their stupid.

I almost couldn't make it to the end.

(edit: and when I did the result told me among other things that I was "better capable" at something. Yikes.)
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1196386964[/unixtime]]Image
What type of Fae are you?

Ouch.

That's nothing compared to my result. I am officially a control freak.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Fwib at [unixtime wrote:1196362567[/unixtime]]I got Elf as well. Hmmm... I can't actually ever remember having an elf character, except in the 'you all have to be Drow' games...

Are those "all-Drow campaigns" any fun, or are they just masturbatory fantasies for Drizz't fans?

I tried having such a campaign, and it was doomed to failure. Not due to the freedoms of Chaotic Evil, but on the players wondering on how such a society that glorifies and rewards screwing the entire community over for yourself could exist without ending up like Rapture.
But then I looked at Drow of the Underdark, which explained that they only survive and thrive through Lolth's intervention; any significant threat to the Drow was fixed by Lolth.
But still, nobody could suspend their disbelief over the Drow to have thriving cities and entire economies when they have a higher death rate than birth rate, what with clan politics murdering drow children before they reach 110 and are ready to reproduce.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

uh...

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Heheh, I ended up getting changeling, which makes at least a modicum of sense since I'm a bit of a social chameleon, but the flaws don't really fit me. If I had to pick three flaws out of those thus far listed they would be Cynical, Self-centered, and ...erm...perhaps Trivial. Yeah I guess my interests can be pretty trivial at times, the other two are practically core conceits of my personality.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

This thread is making me cry now.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

Captain_Bleach at [unixtime wrote:1196388373[/unixtime]]
Fwib at [unixtime wrote:1196362567[/unixtime]]I got Elf as well. Hmmm... I can't actually ever remember having an elf character, except in the 'you all have to be Drow' games...

Are those "all-Drow campaigns" any fun, or are they just masturbatory fantasies for Drizz't fans?

I tried having such a campaign, and it was doomed to failure. Not due to the freedoms of Chaotic Evil, but on the players wondering on how such a society that glorifies and rewards screwing the entire community over for yourself could exist without ending up like Rapture.
But then I looked at Drow of the Underdark, which explained that they only survive and thrive through Lolth's intervention; any significant threat to the Drow was fixed by Lolth.
But still, nobody could suspend their disbelief over the Drow to have thriving cities and entire economies when they have a higher death rate than birth rate, what with clan politics murdering drow children before they reach 110 and are ready to reproduce.
Well, one was back in 2nd ed, and didn't last long, as I recall - and the other one never got off the ground (yet) - my group tends to play campaigns labelled 'evil' but not actually evil, just unrestricted. We tend to find that most of the time, evil groups can be sent off on quests to save the world, too - just so long as they have greed, or some other base desires to manipulate. [edit] Or if enough characters have been built subordinate to NPCs that the GM can just have the group ordered to go off and do missions.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Nerd without a life whines about people who do gettin' him down

Choice quotes of the thread:

"Today will be our 5th raiding day, in the third week, about 4-5 hours a day and we haven't even seen phase 3 yet."

And, even better:

"It's very selfish joining a raid unprepared and unfocused. People really should stop wasting other peoples time."
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Raiding for three weeks?! What a trooper! He is clearly an elite among Azeroth!:lmao:
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

I think he just needs to realize that he isn't a casual player. 4-5 hours a day for three weeks, just for raiding? Thats hardcore, with the time it takes to reach the level cap in first place. On the other hand, with the constant failure, he and his buddies must just really suck at hardcore gaming.
shau
Knight-Baron

Post by shau »

ceilingcat wrote:This thread is making me cry now.

Come now, noble Ceilingcat, explore your fairy side with us. It's not gay at all.

I'm another elf by the way.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

That "Dawn of Defiance" thing has just been released, and the WotC posters are going ballistic.
Linkie
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Dawn of the whatnow?

the people in that thread seem excited for the most part.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Actually, he isn't hardcore enough to be hardcore - that's eight hours a day focused on raiding, every day of the week. Hardcore people are allowed maybe one day a week for alts, unless those alts are also raiding level.

They look at it as a job. 4-5 hours a day is just one adventure a day, totally insufficient. That's less than the average television viewed per capita in the US.

...But also, doing the same battle for 4x(7+7+5) hours and not completing it is really, really lame. Casual or no.

It sounds like attempting one of the BWL trilogy bosses that had a 'trick'. They did that repeatedly because they had severe random elements... Even a godly raid would wipe on them.

-Crissa
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Voss at [unixtime wrote:1196457988[/unixtime]]Dawn of the whatnow?

the people in that thread seem excited for the most part.

It is a free path of adventure supplements for Star Wars SAGA Edition set in the "Dark Times" era, when the Great Jedi Purge was still underway.
The Dawn of Defiance did not have a set release date, so some users were bad-mouthing WotC about how long they were taking to release it (supposed to be released in October).
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Still missing the bit where I should be laughing or crying, though.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

How do you set an adventure in the 'great Jedi Purge' since it seems to have taken all of a couple hours?

I hated that movie.

-Crissa