[IC]Back to Basics

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

"Well then lead them onward, I'm happy to relinquish my job as trap detector to them. If this grate is the only exit from here I suggest we follow it."

Atani will get the second strongest mans help and try to lift up the grate, then he will tie his rope to something in the room and feed it down then ask Xaxus to send his Skeletons down first with orders to attack anything they see. Then Atani will follow them down
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

If Xaxus has control of the skeletons, he will direct one of them to march in front of the party and open doors/poke at intresting stuff/get attacked first in lieu of a living party member going first, another to act as a rear guard for the party, and the last to stand by Xaxus and hold his torch. If we are in a room bree hang breaching senario, Xaxus will have 2 skeletons go first, and the third to hang back and protect Xaxus while holding his torch.

If he doesn't have control, then I guess the party can wail on them until the bones are dust.
Last edited by Hicks on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard will go with Xaxus's plan after he checks the rest of the room.

Stonework/history/trap detection on the stone table and niches in the wall as well as giving the ceiling a good look.

Before touching the grate Flintbeard rubs the duckbunny on it to see if the duckbunny gets horribly poisoned.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

Meanwhile, Tim has been cowering in relative obscurity , silently cursing his preparation of a relatively useless spell. Perhaps if he had memorized the magic missile incantation... no, that would have made him a target, and that would have made him dead.

He welcomes the addition of the skeletons; those, at least, would serve as a buffer between further death on the party's part.
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Well, I'm not one to look a gift skeleton in the mouth," Gilles says as he sheathes his sword. "Let's go with Xaxus' plan."
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Dorgan shrugs. "Fine by me!"
Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

"Into the sewer? Is that wise?" Lucas asks. Nevertheless, he follows the others.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard wants to check the rest of the room first before opening the grate. Stonework/history/trap on the stone table, walls with indentions, and a good look at the ceiling too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Xaxus has control of the skeletons.

The grate is set in the floor with concrete. It does not look like it has moved in some years. Looking down through it, you can see water. It smells of brine.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Xaxus explains to the party that if they ask, he'll have any two skeletons do basically anything for them, as long as the task is not obviously self destructive; opening a door/chest, grabbing and carrying an item, or going first down a hall is fine, having them crush themselves with stones is not. However, Xaxus reserves one skeleton as a bodyguard for himself and will not re-task it unless the other two have been destroyed; the party does not have permission to use the bodyguard as they wish [unless they somehow wrest control of it, obviously].
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

In the cabinets, you find a large supply of gold talismans, amulets, and charms, as well as several jars of strange, foul-smelling liquids and powders that have hardened to the consistency of concrete.
Flintbeard makes his history/trap cheks on those objects without touching them. If they are safe or unknown he pokes them with the duckbunny to see if anything happens, then has the skeletons put the treasure in his backpack.

*except for the jars, maybe somebody with healing or alchemical proficiencies can figure what that is
Last edited by OgreBattle on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The duckbunny looks very unhappy, but does not appear to be harmed. Flintbeard detects no traps. The skeletons load the gold into his backpack.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Do the skeletons look like they were interred in this tomb, or are they 're-animated adventurers' looking?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The skeletons look to be ancient, and by their mode of dress were doctors or lay priests - not adventurers.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

"These skeletons seem to be doctors (hence the scalpel). Maybe those jars are medicine."
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Medicine, you say?" Gilles asks. He takes a closer look at the jars to see if he can identify them (Healing check.) He also looks over the dress of the skeletons, to see if they match any particular tradition (Religion check.)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Whatever the results of the learned men's inquiries Atani will respond "Well I think this path has exhausted it's usefullness. The only door left was the northward one from the central chamber. Let us go"

Atani will be led by a skeleton back to the main chamber where he will have the skeleton attempt to open the northward door. If it fails I will ask that two skeletons try to open the door through brute force. If that fails I will stand a bit back from the door and to it's side and smash it with an enormous canonball
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Dorgan wants to make an Appraisal check on the treasures, if you guys want, just to know if those baubles are fake or the real thing.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Darth Rabbitt wrote:"Medicine, you say?" Gilles asks. He takes a closer look at the jars to see if he can identify them (Healing check.) He also looks over the dress of the skeletons, to see if they match any particular tradition (Religion check.)
Gilles determines that this chamber was used to prepare bodies before internment - a preparations chamber.
Dorgan wants to make an Appraisal check on the treasures, if you guys want, just to know if those baubles are fake or the real thing.
Dorgan calculates the gold in the charms is worth 250 gp.
Atani will be led by a skeleton back to the main chamber where he will have the skeleton attempt to open the northward door. If it fails I will ask that two skeletons try to open the door through brute force. If that fails I will stand a bit back from the door and to it's side and smash it with an enormous canonball
There are two doors leading away from the north of the vestibule - the one to the left of where the statue was sitting, and the one to the right. (Is anyone actually mapping?)
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

(re: mapping -- Only in my head, but wasn't there a T-junction before this room and after the heucuva's coffin? What about the other branch?)
Ancient History
Serious Badass

(The western exit from the vestibule - where the heucuva came from - led to a t-junction with the niche carved in the wall; the southern fork went to the preparation chamber, the northern fork you have not explored yet.)
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

(Then lets go that way)
Atani changes his mind and heads north, travelling halls and dealing with doors in the above described manner
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Taking the northern branch, you find after fifteen feet it comes to another t-section - the corridor continuing on ahead, and another branching out on the right (east).
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Go right
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Turning right, you go about fifteen feet and the corridor turns right.