Take more than two sentences to explain something? You are a

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Lago_AM3P
Duke

Take more than two sentences to explain something? You are a

Post by Lago_AM3P »

(Note: I am not diming anyone out here. This happened to me in-game like a few minutes ago and I'm still upset.)

What the title says, kiddies.

This is especially true if you're contradicting a long-held opinion or doing something that might be interpreted as grabbing more power. Even if it's in the rules and you have actual game designer quotes and/or you can prove it through a chain of logic.

You are a munchkin if you can't explain your position in two sentences and you are ruining the game.

Jesus Christ, you idiots. I don't know HOW you can be self-righteous about your laziness and ignorance. And you douches also are proud about it, too. THIS IS WHY little stupid shit like the Pious Templar and the Consecrated Harrier get super nerfed while they publish bullshit like Initiate of Mystra.

Thanks for ruining my game, bitches. Choke on poison.
Oberoni
Knight

Re: Take more than two sentences to explain something? You a

Post by Oberoni »

Don't hold back, now. Tell us how you really feel.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Eh, kinda tame. No references to either bestiality or coprophilia. I'm deducting a few points.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
SuicideChump
1st Level

Post by SuicideChump »

OK, nonsense.
Who were the ones you were playing with?

Did you try to explain that WoTC is actively ruining the game with trash rules/updates?
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

I was going to comment, but I lost intrest halfway through the first post. Your argumnets work better if you stick to catchy soundbites, like "Andy Collins is a flip-flopper" :tongue:
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Did you try to explain that WoTC is actively ruining the game with trash rules/updates?

It started with people bitching that monks get to use TWFing with flurrying. Per the FAQ update.

It all went downhill from there.

I was going to comment, but I lost intrest halfway through the first post. Your argumnets work better if you stick to catchy soundbites, like "Andy Collins is a flip-flopper"

I really need to come up with a term for the 'roleplayurs' that's as insulting and perjorative as munchkin. Obviously I will spend all week on this.

Check the MPIMS thread. That's when I will have finished getting a leg up on the pile.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Lago_AM3P wrote:I really need to come up with a term for the 'roleplayurs' that's as insulting and perjorative as munchkin. Obviously I will spend all week on this.

I have seen attempts to label this group as "Oompaloompas".

Why call them a bunch of musical technicolor midgets from an odd film? Who knows.

But then munchkins are technicolor musical movie midgets too. So maybe its poetic justice or something.

Mind you its probably more entertaining and easy to pull of mocking variants of the oompaloopadoopitydoo song than it is to pull off variants of the lollipop guild or whatever.

Edit: How the heck do you spell lollipop?
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

It's "lollipop".

I'm personally fond of "Drama Queens". If you could find something that was about judging a book by its cover, that would be good. After all, the thing we are really pissed off at these yahoos for is the fact that they give the titles of things more import than their actual whole beings.

I don't have a problem with people who say "I want to play a romantic swordsman, so I'm taking all the romantic swordsman abilities". I do have a problem with the dumbasses who say "I want to play a romantic swordsman, so I took the Swordsman PrC and the Romancer PrC". The one is a logical extension of representing the character you want in the game. The other is collecting a series of titles that imply the character you want.

It's like getting The Name of the Rose for your flower database.

-Username17