An RPG Significantly Worse Than FATAL

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Neurosis
Duke

An RPG Significantly Worse Than FATAL

Post by Neurosis »

A lot of RPGs on the Den get ripped on for their bad, awful, or terrible game design. Well, here's one that's significantly worse.

I post this only because it is one of the funniest and most awful things I have ever seen, not to endorse it in any way, shape, or form (I DON'T). I was reminded of it by Prak Anima's...tasteful...posts in this thread. I find this hilarious in its sheer mind-erasing awfulness, but it's a fair warning that those of you whose senses of humor are less black than mine (no damn pun intended) might just find this COMPLETELY HORRIFYING instead. I think the title pretty much says it all:

http://www.creativityalliance.com/eBook ... heGame.pdf

Unnecessary Disclaimer: I did not write this, have never played it, do not know the guy who wrote it, and do not know anyone who would ever play it.

Oh, and for those of you who have seen this before and want to forget it...I apologize.
Last edited by Neurosis on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Last I checked (and I'm not going to read it again to check for updates) RaHoWa was really close to a subversive parody of the white power agenda. This is because all the non-white races in the monster section get actual, if racist, superpowers and white people (despite supposedly being 'superior') get a big pile of nothing.

The best example was the Jew, who could cause people to skip their turn by giving them some money. In addition to creating hilarious situations where one Jew stunlocks you with cash while another one does elbow drops on your neck until you stop moving and they take the money back, it also strongly implies that it is not the Jews who are irrationally greedy. Essentially, RaHoWa was written by people too stupid to get their own prejudices right. It's really something.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

I disagree with the premise of the OP, as FATAL is more racist, sexist, unbalanced, and byzantine than Racial Holy War, although I will concede that Racial Holy War is more up-front and overt about its intrensic racism than FATAL.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
rasmuswagner
Knight-Baron

Post by rasmuswagner »

The third part of the Trifecta of Awful is Hybrid, aka "The TimeCube of RPGs". The contender for RaHoWa's spot is Wraetuthu, a game about effeminate acid-spewing flower penis rape.
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

Last I checked (and I'm not going to read it again to check for updates) RaHoWa was really close to a subversive parody of the white power agenda.
Racists are like George W. Bush or Twilight they make parody and satire obsolete. You can't make fun of them, because they are already too insane to be exaggerated for comedic effect.
I disagree with the premise of the OP, as FATAL is more racist, sexist, unbalanced, and byzantine than Racial Holy War, although I will concede that Racial Holy War is more up-front and overt about its intrensic racism than FATAL.
Strongly disagree.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

RaHoWa isn't as bad as FATAL because RaHoWa doesn't have any art and doesn't have a stat for anal circumference.
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

FATAL still wins. This game was designed to be a vehicle for offensive white supremacist bullshit, its right there in the name, so you can't expect anything different. The people who made FATAL honestly thought they had the next big thing in RPG gaming, and just failed to realise that they had included all their various prejudices and perversions in the name of "realism". That makes it all the more hilarious/scary.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

How have I heard of all of these already...

I agree that FATAL wins.
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

rasmuswagner wrote:The third part of the Trifecta of Awful is Hybrid, aka "The TimeCube of RPGs". The contender for RaHoWa's spot is Wraetuthu, a game about effeminate acid-spewing flower penis rape.
TimeCube game is the least offensive of the three...it is also HUGELY the least playable. I tried for hours to piece together a way to play it and failed miserably. In the end, it's not even outsider art, just a crazy person's scribbles.
The people who made FATAL honestly thought they had the next big thing in RPG gaming, and just failed to realise that they had included all their various prejudices and perversions in the name of "realism". That makes it all the more hilarious/scary.
The racist elements of FATAL were meant as a joke...a lame, offensive, inappropriate joke, but a joke. This game is actively promoting a racist agenda. That's worse.
Last edited by Neurosis on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

"[EDITED] Nincompoopery"

FATAL wins.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Schwarzkopf, FATAL wins. Take my word for it, I read the damned thing. I have a review of it here.

I haven't seen RaHoWa, though I've heard of it, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a race whose possible powers include "turn infants into excrement geyser pinwheels by touching them." So, FATAL wins.

Wraethu sounds like something I'd actually play, albeit on an ERP site, rather than anywhere that I have to look people in the face, because, damnit, if I'm going to talk about being an effeminate hermaphrodite and take cocks that can compete with flowers for beauty, then why involve dice?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

I've read FATAL too, in its entirety, and I disagree with ya: RAHOWA has this:
Enemies
There are 5 basic enemies in Racial Holy War--[EDITED], sand [EDITED], latrinos,
[EDITED], and kikes. Each enemy has different strengths and weaknesses. Each also
has a special attack that is more effective depending on the ability of the enemy.
As such, the enemies do not have skills like the White Warriors, but do have a
special attack. These special attacks can be employed in place of an attack, once
per character per round of combat. The enemy chooses which White Warrior he
wishes to use his special attack on and it therefore only effects that character, if
successful. If it fails, no effect occurs and that enemy is done for the round (so
can’t use a special attack and a normal attack in same round). Some enemies can
use their special attacks and some normal attacks during a round of combat
though (a single enemy just can’t use both in one round). The special attacks are
more potent and more likely to succeed the more skilled the enemy is. To
determine whether the special attacks are successful, the enemy must roll a so
sided die and get a roll that is equal to or less than the designated number
(depending on enemy). The effect and specifics of the special attacks are listed
below.
[EDITED]
[EDITED] are smelly and stupid creatures who tend to possess thick skulls. These
beasts are one of nature’s worst specimen, and it is the duty of a White Warrior to
eradicate them at every possible chance. Their special attack is known as Stench
and, if successful, the powerful odor that a [EDITED] exudes.
• A Smelly [EDITED] must roll a 2 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the target
of his special attack has his accuracy (both gun and hand-to-hand) drop 10% for
that round.
• A Stupid [EDITED] must roll a 4 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the target
of his special attack has his accuracy (both gun and hand-to-hand) drop 20% for
that round.
• A Retarded [EDITED] must roll a 6 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the
target of his special attack has his accuracy (both gun and hand-to-hand) drop
30% for that round. • A Repulsive [EDITED] must roll a 8 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the
target of his special attack has his accuracy (both gun and hand-to-hand) drop
40% for that round.
• A Thick-Skulled [EDITED] must roll a 10 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful,
the target of his special attack has his accuracy (both gun and hand-to-hand) drop
50% for that round.
Latrino
Latrinos are lazy and criminal vermin who waste valuable air on Earth, that should
be reserved for Nature’s Finest--the White Race. Due to their history of illegal
immigration, they are adept at crossing borders and sneaking around. Therefore
their special attack is known as Stealth. This skill, if successful, allows the latrino
to attack first as part of the special attack.
• A Lazy Latrino must roll a 2 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the latrino
proceeds to attack normally, before the White Warriors.
• A Criminal Latrino must roll a 4 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the
latrino proceeds to attack normally, before the White Warriors.
• An Ugly Latrino must roll a 6 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the latrino
proceeds to attack normally, before the White Warriors.
• A Repulsive Latrino must roll a 8 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the
• An Insane Latrino must roll a 10 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the
Sand [EDITED]
Sand [EDITED] are scumbags that have a militant religion in Islam. They have
declared the White Race as one of their many enemies in their "Jihad" or holy war.
Woe to the sand [EDITED] who meets a White Warrior on the battlefield. Due to their
fanatical faith, the special attack possessed by sand [EDITED] is known as a Suicide
Run. If successful, the sand [EDITED] blows himself and a White Warrior up (sand
[EDITED] automatically dies while target White Warrior suffers damage); but if he
fails, he simply perishes with a loud boom.
• A Disgusting Sand [EDITED] must roll a 2 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful,
the sand [EDITED] detonates a bomb and target White Warrior suffers damage equal
to 1 roll of a 12 sided die.
• An Abhorrent Sand [EDITED] must roll a 4 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful,
the sand [EDITED] detonates a bomb and target White Warrior suffers damage equal
to 2 rolls of a 12 sided die.
• A Camel-Riding Sand [EDITED] must roll a 6 or lower on a 20 sided die. If
successful, the sand [EDITED] detonates a bomb and target White Warrior suffers
damage equal to 3 rolls of a 12 sided die.
• A Thieving Sand [EDITED] must roll a 8 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful,
to 4 rolls of a 12 sided die.
• A Suicidal Sand [EDITED] must roll a 10 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful,
to 5 rolls of a 12 sided die.
[EDITED]
[EDITED] are timid, annoying, slanty-eyed pieces of excrement that so desperately
wish they were White. Of course, they are not. They have reproduced quite
prolifically and there is no doubt that the world will be a better place without them.
From watching fake martial arts movies, the [EDITED] have acquired an increased
proficiency in hand-to-hand fighting. Therefore, this talent can only be applied with
hand-to-hand fighting. If successful, this ability increases the amount of attacks
that the character gets (a successful role means the [EDITED] goes on to attack as
many times as his skill level designates) for that round of combat. If he fails, he
doesn’t attack.
• A Timid [EDITED] must roll a 2 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the [EDITED]
gets 2 attacks against target White Warrior in hand-to-hand combat only.
• An Annoying [EDITED] must roll a 4 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the
[EDITED] gets 3 attacks against target White Warrior in hand-to-hand combat only.
• An Asinine [EDITED] must roll a 6 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the [EDITED]
gets 4 attacks against target White Warrior in hand-to-hand combat only.
• A Moronic [EDITED] must roll a 8 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the [EDITED]
gets 5 attacks against target White Warrior in hand-to-hand combat only. • A Communist [EDITED] must roll a 10 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, the
[EDITED] gets 6 attacks against target White Warrior in hand-to-hand combat only.
Kike
Kikes are undoubtedly the worst and most evil parasites that the world has over
seen. They pervert all that is holy, honorable, and just. Once the kikes are
removed, the formation of a glorious White Empire is but a step away. Through the
years of lying, manipulation, and outright debauchery, the kike has succeeded
through brain pollution. This talent is manifested in the kike’s special attack of
Bribery.
A kike must spend 50 credits to do utilize this ability every time he uses it (credits
are subtracted from kike’s total credits). If successful, the targeted White Warrior
loses his turn for that round. If it fails, then the money is spent and target White
Warrior receives the credits with no adverse affects. The kike is able to increase
his chances of success by spending 50 credits per Bribe attempt to gain a point (up
to 20, which is automatic success). This means that a Perfidious Kike, with a
special attack value of 10, could add 50 credits to his Bribe and therefore need an
11 or less to achieve success (on a roll of a 20 sided die). Or, he could spend 500
(50 times 10) credits on the Bribe and bring the special attack value to 20, which
is an automatic success.
• A Slimy Kike must roll a 2 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, target White
Warrior loses his turn for that round and thus can’t do anything.
• A Lying Kike must roll a 4 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, target White
Warrior loses his turn for that round and thus can’t do anything.
• A Greedy Kike must roll a 6 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, target
White Warrior loses his turn for that round and thus can’t do anything.
• A Perverted Kike must roll a 8 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, target
• A Perfidious Kike must roll a 10 or lower on a 20 sided die. If successful, target
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

Hey, TGD has a filter. Who knew!?
ModelCitizen
Knight-Baron

Post by ModelCitizen »

Yeah, I still say FATAL's fascination with rape and sexual mutilation is worse, if only because the authors didn't seem to understand how misogynistic their game was. At least this guy knows he's a hateful racist.

Seriously, the anal circumference table and the Armor of Jewy Jewbacca aren't even, like, the fiftieth worst things in FATAL. They're just the ones people talk about because they're sad and funny rather than actually disturbing.
TheFlatline
Prince

Post by TheFlatline »

Juton wrote:RaHoWa isn't as bad as FATAL because RaHoWa doesn't have any art and doesn't have a stat for anal circumference.
You know, the anal circumference stat in and of itself isn't Terribad, just eye-rollingly stupid. That there is a stat for infants, immediately followed by a chart to determine how large of an object can be inserted into the anus without ripping, THAT is what's terribad.

Someone actually sat there and contemplated "how far can a baby's asshole stretch during rape before it rips and starts bleeding?"
Last edited by TheFlatline on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Er, ModelCitizen, hateful racists typically don't know they're hateful racists...

I will admit. RaHoWa is fucking bad. It's bad in a different way from FATAL, but... yeah.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

If you like looking at terrible RPGs, I will suggest "Everything PurpleXVIII has reviewed", as he does it for a hobby. Examples:
[*]Fursona (probably enough said. Needless to say it includes the "It's not about the yiffing!" disclaimer, and one page later moves right onto the evidence that "Yes, it really is")
[*]Black Tokyo d20 (do not google this. It has stuff that will likely make you ill. And ART! of such. Same author.)
[*]Otherverse (it's like a parody of the Pro-Choice v Pro-Life thing. Except terrible. Same author as the above.)
[*]Kult (like Unknown Armies but not content with only having a bad system!)
[*]In Dark Alleys (like Kult but even worse! Also, science is wrong, man, we should all be noble savages! Oh, and when I say science is wrong, that's except for Freud, who is right.)
[*]Wraeththu (it's not that "The game about (men-only) gay sex" doesn't have a place, don't get me wrong - we know there's a huge market for that. It's the bit where they have anemones for genitals, and kill any women they have sex with, that makes it less good (and also largely damages the following it might have had with the yaoi fangirl base))

Bonus for IDA: know how a game is bad if, after skimming the character creation section, you know what you're "supposed" to play because the game encourages/rewards it? In IDA it's "A [60 year old] [ugly] [black man] who was [born in the ghetto] and [spent time in prison], who also has [a magic kid to look after] and [an abusive partner]."
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Omegonthesane
Prince

Post by Omegonthesane »

Koumei wrote:If you like looking at terrible RPGs, I will suggest "Everything PurpleXVIII has reviewed", as he does it for a hobby.
Link please? Google isn't answering.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

If you change the names around, could this be a decent Fantasy game about fighting brutal orcs, suicidal goblins, militant hobgobs and scheming dorfs?
Last edited by OgreBattle on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That's because I meant PurpleXVI probably.

http://tradwiki.foxxtrot.net/index.php/ ... 26_Friends
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

How about we put up a list of worst RPGs that people actually play?

For my money you can't get worse than Exalted: Lunars. Though Scroll of the Monk has a nude woman ripping out her own eyes for some dumbass reason.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Lago PARANOIA wrote:How about we put up a list of worst RPGs that people actually play?
Fine: anything by White Wolf

(Okay technically Orpheus doesn't qualify there, because nobody actually plays it.)
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

Koumei wrote: [*]Kult (like Unknown Armies but not content with only having a bad system!)
While there are some similarities between Kult and Unknown Armies, they are pretty different games. In itself Kult is a good game, but you have to play it with the right people.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Black Tokyo d20 (do not google this. It has stuff that will likely make you ill. And ART! of such. Same author.)

I reviewed that game.

http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=50 ... highlight=
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I kind of want to see a white racial caricature thrown up along with the others and then call it Misanthropy: The Game.